why use trak?
If hiring a “better” person into a role will add to the profitability of our company the importance of ensuring you get the best person, who also fits culturally is critical.
The consequences and costs of getting it wrong are numerous including high staff turnover, poor morale and low engagement all of which will subtract from your bottom line.
Choosing the right recruitment partner is just as important as knowing how to effectively work with them to maximise your chances of getting it right the first time.
Why would you chose Trak Recruiting?
- All we do is retail and fashion. Candidates come to us, many of them exclusively, because they know the quantity and quality of the retailers we partner with.
- 86% of the companies we have recruited for in the last 3 years use us again.
- Some of the biggest names in Australian retail choose to work with us – often on an exclusive basis – because results speak for themselves.
- Our track record of success (based on exclusive assignments)
- 92% fill rate (when exclusive, the need to fill the role becomes ours – not yours)
- 78% fill within 15 working days
- Less than 5% of placements require replacement under our guarantee
- Our success, reputation, ethics and core values have enabled us to grow and prosper for 20 years.
- The experience, industry knowledge and professionalism of our consultants.
- We build communities, not just databases which gives us access to a large pool of passive candidates who are not answering adverts or social media requests.
- Our network extends internationally and our database has senior candidates from the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia, New Zealand and the USA.
- We’re big enough to have the expertise required but small enough to care about the relationships along the way.
Once this list has been compiled, initial interviews may take place with selected candidates whose experience matches exactly what our client is looking for. Should these initial interviews not source the right candidate for the role, the search will be further widened.
This can sometimes be a timely process, however we promise to do our best to keep you informed of the progress of your application, whether by phone or email.
We also promise to have our roles readily available for our candidates to review. It is for this reason Trak Recruiting is active across all social media channels, and posts jobs on the Trak website, Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter.
At Trak we promise to respect your privacy. Your details will never be passed on to a potential employer or anyone outside our business without your prior consent. We also promise to give honest and truthful representation of all information in all dealings with clients or candidates.
Having strong ethical guidelines for our business is extremely important to us, and we promise to treat your application fairly and ethically.
Overall our promise to our candidates and clients is that we will do our best to make your experience with Trak Recruiting a positive, informed, and ethical one!
— Andrew Hutchison, Customer Service Manager, Target Australia
“Gareth has provided me with an excellent service level, from our first contact through to the conclusion I have found Gareth approachable, friendly and most importantly supportive through the whole recruitment process. I would certainly recommend Gareth to anyone looking for a position in NSW”
— Steve Allen, Former Store Manager, Coles
“Garry is a stand out amongst executive recruiters in the Retail industry. As a dedicated professional Garry works tirelessly to ensure the needs of the client and the applicant are met. Through combining industry leading knowledge with an extensive contact list and a genuine interest in both client and applicant Trak is able to ensure they deliver the best result every time! Other recruiters make promises and very rarely follow through but Garry and the team at Trak understand the true meaning of customer satisfaction!”
— Tishara Mina, Qld State Manager, Dick Smith Electronics
“I highly recommend Megan, she is professional in her role as a Senior Associate at Trak Recruiting. Megan always had the time to help and listen to me when i needed to gain advice with my career. I had joined up with three recruitment agencies and out of the three recruitment agencies i found Megan the best out of the three. Megan is extremely helpful, consistent, reliable and trustworthy and always gave me detailed knowledge to benefit myself and my career. I wish Megan all the best in the future, I will keep in touch.”
— Alison Aviles, Store Manager In Training, Coles
“I found Steven to be professional, personable and thorough. He quickly identified my uniqueness in terms of every individual’s combination of career experience and qualifications when recommending my candidacy for a position with one of his clients. Throughout the process Steve always followed up, driving the process through to a successful conclusion. I would gladly recommend his services as a career advisor and, when I’m looking to recruit my own team would definitely call on his skills and advice as a recruiter.”
— Lesley Anton, Marketing & Retail Manager, Tommy Bahama
“Thank you so much Monique. I truly appreciate the time and effort you put into helping me in my search for a new job. You and Trak recruiting are by far the best recruitment agency I have dealt with during this search. Thank you again for your help and support.”
— Jess Russell, Store Manager NSW
“The overall service and support received from Trak has been excellent. Whilst I was seeking employment, I dealt with many recruitment agencies. Most performed poorly in regards to their service & follow up. Trak was one of only two agencies that I rate highly. The service provided by them was professional, supportive and very personable. Further, I am now employed in a national role and in time will require the services of a recruitment agency. Trak will be the first agency I contact for my recruitment needs”
— Des Carroll, National Retail Operations Manager, Suite Deals
“I highly recommend Monique and Trak Recruiting. She is a fantastic talent manager who professionally suits people with the right position. Monique has successfully placed me in two senior positions on separate occasions. She understands the importance of confidentiality, and takes the time to really get to know her clients before determining potential work placement. Monique’s extensive retail background experience will provide you with the confidence that she understands the role being presented. I would not hesitate in using her services in the future.”
— Craig Schibeci, Store Manager, Kmart Australia Limited
“Monique facilitated my first placement since returning from London to Australia, a process which spanned barely two weeks thanks largely to Monique’s efficiency and keen eye for recognising and matching talent to company needs.
Monique’s point of difference is her extensive retail management background, giving her a strong sense of ‘what good looks like’ and the skill sets required to match candidates to relevant vacancies. Monique has developed strong relationships with key clients allowing her to propose highly sought-after roles to job seekers and also offer insight into company culture and expectations.
I look forward to a continuing working relationship with Monique in the future, and would highly recommend her to candidates looking for retail roles and career progression with established and successful employers.”
— Hannah McCotter, Flagship Store Manager, Saba
“Monique provides some of the best service in recruitment that I have seen in Australia. Coaching candidates, finding the right roles and connecting people with the right employer. This is a skill that should be used in abundance, I cannot recommend her higher. ”
— Michael Ogley
“Monique’s extensive knowledge of both her client’s business and Australian retail in general, combined with her retail experience and professionalism were key factors in guiding me to the right role and influencing my move to Australia. An effective communicator, Monique works well to deadlines and time scales.”
— Nick Orford, Store Manager, Myer
Recruiting all states of Australia, UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo & China
- General Manager – Fashion chain – 300+ (Australia & N.Z) – $600k pkg
- Country Manager (Australia) – American Fashion chain, $550k pkg
- Managing Director Australasia – 100 plus bulky goods large format stores $500k + equity
- Buying Director – General merchandise, $1 billion turnover, 200+ stores – $400k pkg
- Regional Managers UK, Hong Kong, Japan & China – Global retail market leader operating in 35
countries – $350k – $450k pkg
- Head of Product – Fashion chain 150 stores, includes design and international sourcing – $320k pk
- Finance Director – International consumer goods retailer, European head office – $300k pkg
- GM Wholesale – Branded business with local and international market share – $300k pkg
- CFO – Asia Pacific fashion chain, 200 stores and expanding – $300k pkg
- International Sales Director – Womens Apparel – $300k pkg
- GM of Retail – National homewares brand, 100 stores – $275k pkg
- Retail Property Manager – Private Chain, with over 400 stores, $250k plus bonus
- GM Merchandise – Fast moving hard goods chain, 150 + stores – $250k pkg
- Head of Marketing – 150 stores, unisex fashion – $250k pkg
- Head of Design and Product – International women’s apparel – $250k pkg
- Buying Director – Highly regarded apparel business, 120 stores – $250k pkg
- Creative Brand Manager – Womenswear heritage tailored brand – $200k pkg
- Global Marketing Manager – Fast fashion brands, strong international presence – $180k pkg
- National Product & Marketing Manager Australia – Major Online presence – $150k pkg
- Fashion Area Manager – Iconic Australian Label, 100+ stores $125k pkg
- Department & Store Managers – DDS – $60k – $120k pkg
- Account Manager – Private owned wholesalers licensed and private label – $130k pkg
- Group HR Manager – National Fashion Chain – $110k pkg
- Designers – Edgy retailer and brand driven wholesaler – $110k pkg
- Senior Buyer Australia – Travel retailer – $100k pkg
- Merchandise Manager – Department Store – $100k pkg
- Area Manager – Specialty homewares stores, various business – $100k pkg
- Store Planning & Admin Manager – Department store – $100k pkg
- Area Manager – Corporately run, top tier funeral business – $95k pkg
- Merchandise Planner – Accessories retailer – $75k pkg
- Graphic Artists & Designers – Kids/Mens high end Apparel & Accessories – $70k – $100k pkg
- Store managers and Assistants – fashion and hardgoods $55k – $85k
- Complete retail store opening team (from casuals to Manager) 6 large fashion stores