- Do you have a love of homewares and interior design?
- Excellent opportunity for a Purchasing Officer looking to shape a role!
- Fantastic brand with a loyal client base!
Renowned for offering innovative and creative furnishing, our client champions the energetic, the unconventional and the highest standards - in both their products and people. Established for over 20 years, they are looking for a Purchasing Officer to join their successful Sydney team. The effortlessly eclectic showroom along with the knowledgeable staff inspires their customers. They are experts in their field and offer an authentic service to their customers.
Reporting into the Senior Merchandise Planner, you will be responsible for the timely placement of orders with external suppliers, with your duties incorporating scope across meeting and managing suppliers across the homewares and furniture categories, ordering of stock in line with demand to ensure right quantities at the right time, maintenance of purchasing data, management of deliveries in line with critical path, in depth stock analysis and optimization of warehouse stock.
If you have a background in furniture, lighting or homewares great, but it's not compulsory. It is more important that you love being a team player that looks beyond the usual solutions, and a personality that fits in line with the company culture. To be considered for this role you will;
- Have 3+ years' experience as a Purchasing Officer or Replenishment officer or a similar role or within allocation, supply chain or demand planning
- Have Intermediate to advanced Excel skills and have a strong IT understanding
- Have experience and proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and eagerness to meet deadlines
- Be analytically minded, have great attention to detail, be accuracy focused and a skilled problem solver
- A degree in Finance, Supply Chain, Merchandise or other relevant tertiary qualification would be highly regarded
For your experience, expertise and work ethic there is an attractive salary on offer of $70K base + product discounts.
If this opportunity sounds like you, please reply (email preferred to email@example.com) in confidence quoting reference #7862, initial enquiries to Josie Francis at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 9023 1009.